Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Somethings just never change! Thank god it didnt =)

Chinese New Year had just passed a week ago so there i was on a bus with my sis on a 5hour journey back to the place where i spent most of my youth. Its good to see some development in town there is a new landmark, some shop houses, and some changes to the road however the Kemaman feel is still there so quiet, so peaceful, so at home. I have to admit i miss this place as its been a Year since i have come back. Sometime i think that we do really take our roots for granted, after tasting life in the city nothing beats the feel of home. Mom and dads cooking, the family dinner, my comfy bed, good ol Lucky boy, driving around town, the feel of sand between my feet, the wind in my hair, the sounds of the crashing waves, reunion with home town friends. Was also able to visit Kok Loy, Kee Ling and Sonny boy who is Kok Loy's cousin who is also my childhood friend which i last saw when he left for Australia for studies. Lucky for the 1 week break i was able to drive down to Kuala Terengganu to visit my relatives (mom's side) wow the younger generation do grow up so fast these days my cousins are so much taller than the last time i saw them... hmm it must be the milk that they drank when they are babies lol sustagen, enfagrow, etc. Its also great to see my aunts and uncles are well and content with life there. My cousin bro Danny is now playing world of warcraft and even registered a trial account for me. WoW like its name sake is an amazing game with nicely crafted character design, vast environments and realistic movments left me captivated but its sad that nowadays i do not have much time to play especially P2P games. Haiz but somethings arent the same this time I wont be able to crash at Alans place and play cards with him and his bros friends, lol ah peng ahaha hilarious. The second day was more in "Pai Nian" at friends house, the first stop was Wei Chih place where i met all of the boys most notably is Ah Tong who gave me an Ang Pow as he is the first among our batch to get married. Lol funny thing is that everybody says that my looks never change just as i was since i left high school. After that we went to Ah Pings house where we met the rest of the kemaman girls which i must say they look so much ladylike now. We had a few drinks and good laugh before deciding to go eat kemaman specialty which is keropok and coconut so off we go to Kijal. On the third day of Chinese New Year i had my reunion with my high school friends at Sanctuary Beach resort. We rented a beach buggy and took turns to ride it around the seaside just pure fun! when night falls its BBQ time! Then its the spin the bottle time where all the secrets are revealed... lol but im not going to mention it here to embarrassing. A day passes and its time to go back my week is over so i went back with my KL uncle who came to Suria Beach resort for a visit.

1 comment:

Watomato said...

sigh... i miss my days back in Kemaman... (T__T)