Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Life is all about Expectations!

Why do i say so?

Life begins when your mom is said to be "expecting" soon... When you are an infant your parents will keep expecting you to utter your first word and take your 1st baby steps. Then when you are old enough to join preschool you will be expecting a lot cant wait to go for classes and meet new friends. And when you are finally old enough for school your parents will expect you to study hard and come up top in class. Even in your circles of friends they will have an expectation of you to be somebody trustworthy and somebody who can be relied on.

When hormones kicks in you will then get into a relationship and this of course come with expectations as well where your other half will expect you to give calls, presents, surprises, remember the special anniversaries, and give enough love and attention.

Then comes the college or university years where some say determines your future especially this is the time where parents expect you to excel the most and make them proud with a diploma or degree.

Ah the working life..... once you go for your 1st interview you will certainly be asked this "what is your expected salary" question LoL. Then to keep your skin you will have to live up to your boss and seniors expectations.

Once you are middle aged and married that is where you will most probably be expected to do the most. Change the baby's diapers, send the kids to tuition, pay the bills, have time for your wife, kids and parents, and the list goes on and on...

At semi-retirement age your kids will be the the young adult stage and expecting some pocket money for dating, new hand phone, new clothes, new car......

Lastly when you are old you will expect how long you have left in this world. Hey its even called human life "expectancy" so for me if i can live till 80 that will be good enough.

So i wish i can live up to everybody's expectations.

4 comments:

Watomato said...

How sad can life be when you're not in control and have to live up to someone else's expectations... I don't know... it's just that I feel pressured whenever I can't fulfil what other people expect of me.

Take an instance, my past relationship with Amy... that was just wrong... I have to live up to HER expectations all the time... all I did was expected that she might wait for me... guess what... she blew me off...

Live up to someone else's expectations? I'd rather stick to my family's and my best friends' expectations...

-Watomato

team.warsurfer said...

AGREE WITH ALAN 100000000000000000000000000000000000.9999999999999999%

Marc said...

It's true in life we do live up to someone else's expectation. But from what I've read, where is your expectation HC? Do you have no expectations yourself?

DeViLiCiOuS said...

I wish i could live up to everybodys expectation however that is impossible as human beings we have limitations. Just try as hard as we can if things does not work out well at least we tried. As for my expectations i want to be "someone" in this world.