Thursday, January 24, 2008

W.L.B = Work Life Balance!

This is what i have learnt from the workplace, it stresses on the balance between work and personal life. Basically what WLB is all about is that work should not affect your personal time and vice versa. Work is strictly work and play is strictly play. More over what make me realise about this fact is whats happening to Pattie lately... for the past few days she has been coming back from work after 10pm =( she starts her day at 8am which means that she is has been working for 14 hours a day... without any OT!! Thats EXPLOITATION!!!!!! Futhermore even for a trainee, the amount of work she is doing does is not justified by the amount that she is paid. But im not stressing on the money, gaining work experience is good for her but not till the extent of deteriorating health and sleepless nights...

I hope her additional workload will end by this week. As a trainee of a company she has the right to voice it out to her employer. Personally if the employer continues doing this i would advise her to quit the job. It worries me to see her like this...

1 comment:

Watomato said...

14 hours a day is bullshit... If I spent that long working in Hai Peng I'd be dead already... Even 12 hours(6am-6pm) of work time is just stupid... plus the pay is only 2 freakin' Ringgit an hour... I can't imagine myself working that way when I get my degree...

=.=|